Hey Gurrrrrllll, Hey!
I am sure if you’re reading this then you know that every Tuesday, I go live via. Instagram, Facebook and do a project. I must admit that this week’s project was a bit challenging.
When I first started preparing for this project I purchased materials that I didn’t need. I bought things because of previous tutorials that I watched. A day before the actual night, I returned the items and hit up Joanns and hobby lobby.
The material that I chose wasn’t the best so I don’t recommend getting it. It’s like a Playtex pleather in the costume area in Joanns. It doesn’t have any stretch so I wouldn’t purchase it anymore. To be honest, this isn’t my favorite project, I actually HATEEEEE the material but I will live. LOL
But enough with my rant, here is what you will need.
Steel rings: Hobby Lobby
Fabric glue, hot glue gun or sewing machine (your choice)
- 1st step: Measure the belt and cover it with fabric
- Measure the top of your bust to back of your backbone and cut your elastic. (both sides) cover elastic with fabric
- Add steel rings to both ends of the elastic fabric.
- From the steel rings measure to the belt and cut, covered elastic with fabric. Sew straps to belt
- Cut small pieces of fabric like the picture and cover it and add steel rings.
- Add to the bottom of the belt.
If you create this look #creativetuesday #stylespytaughtme on Instagram and FB I would love to see how yours turn out.
Next week, I will have a guest designer and I am soo excited. Here is what we are making.
This is what you will need:
- a Blazer
- 1/2 a yard of mesh fabric or mesh top
- sewing machine, or iron on stitch
Find out on Monday who is kicking it with me on live.
Until next time 🙂